Thursday, July 16, 2009

a coffee shared

Mr Bear (my husband) asked me why I wasn't drinking the coffee he made this week. I told him it tasted better last week when he was on vacation and home to share it with me. There is no need for me to mull over it slowly while recounting the night of sleep I did NOT have when nobody is there to listen. I down a crystal light 'energy to go' and pat myself on the back for having less calories.
I presented my 'life on the compound' idea to Kelly again today I'm pretty sure she is sold on it too. Children should be raised by immediate AND extended family in my opinion and the burden should not rest solely on the parents. I'm not suggesting polygamy, I'm just saying it would be a lot easier if we could do this whole "new parent thing" as a group and take things in shifts. There are times of the day when I feel like I can tackle anything but there are also times of the day where I want to pluck my eyebrows, shave my armpits and hide in the bathroom for ten minutes without listening for a "mah mah mah muh". Most importantly, if we lived on a compound I could take my fresh brew on over to Kelly's (or whoever else lived on our compound) and we could sip on a good one together...if we are lucky it might even lead to good bowel movement for one of us and that too shall be discussed and rejoiced :)

1 comment:

  1. You are a nut...plain and simple...but the compound must happen...it must...coffee and a bm...what could be better!

    ReplyDelete