Tuesday, July 14, 2009

suckers

So I have been on a technology strike for a few weeks now b/c I don't like getting information that doesn't fit in my happy little framework of the world. Call it sheltered, unrealistic or crazy but it works for us. I say 'us' because Brady and Eric are part of my little cacoon up here in the sticks of New Hampshire. Isn't that what life is all about, creating your own happiness? Well that is what I'm doing and now I will blog about it.
Maybe I'll call my blog "adventures in breastfeeding a crazy boob boy!!" Perfect!
Right now I'm watching his face contort as he takes a poop in his high chair and eats his cookie. Brady will be nine months in three days and "No" he does not sleep through the night, not even close. Oh well, what can you do but be happy that he is healthy, well adjusted and ADORABLE!! Last night he woke up to eat at 130am crying. I took him to bed, gave him some milk and when I was certain he was in a coma I tried to bring him back to his crib. Well, he popped up to a sitting position before I even took my hands off him. The second his body hits the crib he repels it, slithers up and rips out a big "mamamamama" He doesn't know how to get back down on his belly but I'm certain it wouldn't make a difference anyways. Meanwhile, to keep him lying down I offer him a boob souffle in a parent sandwich. The best part is I sacrifice my comfort and let him stay latched on for the rest of the night, what a bunch of suckers!
I bought a container of similac at Wolly World this past weekend but I don't intend on using it. I whip it out when he is acting crazy and I threaten him with it. Realistically though, how could I take it away from it when he cups the boob with both hands and breathes all of me in like it's the best thing he has ever had in his short life.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogspot. We missed you at Laurie and Keith's. You have a flair for writing. Steph keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have been at Laurie and Keith's. We were at a wedding and I was cutting a rug!! Looking forward to Labor day at your house but we need to get together sooner, maybe we will have an August get together at the house! Yes, I do think we should do that :) How is the fam?

    ReplyDelete